- 500 mL (2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) salt
- 250 ml (1 cup) softened butter
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) icing sugar
- 1 egg
- 500 ml (2 cups) milk
- 180 ml (3/4 cup) sugar
- 5 egg yolks
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) cornstarch
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) amaretto
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) butter
- 750 ml (3 cups) fruit (grapes, blueberries, sliced ??kiwis, sliced ??mangoes, sliced ??strawberries)
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) apricot or currant jelly
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) Amaretto
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C (400 °F).
- In a bowl, combine the flour and salt.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and icing sugar until a creamy consistency is obtained.
- Add the egg and mix until the mixture is smooth.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir in the dry ingredients.
- Press dough into 4 to 5-inch (10-12 cm) removable-bottom tart pan with fingers and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Bake the tart shells for about 15 minutes or until the crust is golden.
- Let cool completely.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, heat the milk with half the sugar.
- In a bowl, beat the egg yolks with the remaining sugar until the mixture whitens and is thick.
- Stir in the cornstarch. Pour half of the milk mixture over the egg yolks, whisking to temper the preparation.
- Transfer this mixture to the saucepan containing the remaining milk and add the amaretto.
- Cook over low heat, whisking, for about 5 minutes or until the cream thickens slightly.
- Incorporate the butter.
- Pour the pastry cream into the crust, cover with plastic wrap directly over the cream and let cool for at least 3 hours.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the jelly with the amaretto.
- Garnish the tarts with a mixture of fruits or choose only one fruit per tart.
- Using a brush, frost the fruit with the jelly and let cool for at least 30 minutes before serving.