The store will not work correctly in the case when cookies are disabled.
- 625 g (1 1/4 lb) flank or skirt steak
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) red wine vinegar
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) red wine
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 5 ml (1 tsp) dried oregano
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 pinch of hot pepper
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) cooked spinach, drained
- 6 green olives, pitted
- 4 slices of cooked bacon, fat reserved
- 180 ml (3/4 cup) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 peewee-sized eggs
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a sealable plastic bag, place the flank steak with all the marinade ingredients.
- Refrigerate 3 hours or more.
- Make certain that the barbecue grill is clean. Preheat it to medium-high.
- In a skillet, heat the oil over medium heat and brown the onion.
- Add the hot pepper and season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, drain the marinated beef and pat it dry with paper towels.
- Brush with bacon fat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 3 minutes on one side. Flip the steak.
- Spread the onion, the spinach, the olives, the bacon and the cheese in layers over the surface of the meat.
- Close the lid and cook for about 4 minutes for a rare steak, or more depending on how cooked you like your meat.
- Set aside for 5 minutes at ambient temperature.
- In the meanwhile, in a frying pan, cook the eggs sunny side up.
- Slice the beef on a diagonal, against the grain.
- Garnish each serving with an egg and sprinkle with parsley.