Pork medallions with port and blueberry sauce
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) sugar
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) distilled vinegar
- 300 ml (1 1/4 cup) demi-glace or 600 ml (2 1/2 cups) veal stock reduced to half
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) port
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 250 ml (1 cup) blueberries
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) vegetable oil
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) butter
- 800 g (1 3/4 lb) pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut into 100 g (3 1/2 oz) medallions
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F).
- In a saucepan, heat the sugar and the vinegar over medium-high heat.
- Monitor the boiling liquid closely, without stirring, until the syrup turns amber.
- Add the demi-glace and port.
- Simmer slowly and reduce until desired consistency.
- Adjust the seasoning.
- Add the blueberries at the last minute.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, heat the oil and butter over medium-high heat.
- Season the medallions with salt and pepper.
- Once the butter foams well, sear the meat on each side.
- Place the medallions on a baking sheet.
- Place in the oven and cook for 15 to 17 minutes for rosy perfection.
- Remove from the oven and cover with aluminum foil.
- Let rest for about 5 minutes.
- Place the medallions on plates.
- Top with sauce.
- Serve with buttered noodles and steamed broccoli.