Wapiti medallions with brie
- 4 wapiti medallions, about 150 g (5 oz) each
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 100 g (3.5 oz) blue cheese, crumbled
- 10 ml (2 tsp) pink peppercorns, lightly cracked
- 1 Granny Smith apple, finely diced
- Preheat the barbecue to maximum heat, 290°C (550°F).
- Season the medallions with salt and pepper.
- Close the lid and grill for 2 to 3 minutes on each side for rare doneness. (Wapiti is best when cooked rare. However, you may cook it longer if desired.)
- Turn off the heat.
- Place a slice of brie on each medallion and close the lid.
- Cook for another minute.
- Remove and let the meat rest for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Garnish the meat with the pink peppercorns and apple.
- Serve with grilled vegetables.