Melon and prosciutto
- 1 cantaloupe, ripe and firm (or 1 honeydew melon)
- 12 thin slices, about 170 g (6 oz), of prosciutto
- 300 ml (1 1/4 cup) baby arugula
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 3 lemons, cut into wedges
- Ground black pepper
- Cut the melon in half, remove all the seeds, and cut into 12 equal pieces.
- Remove the peel with a sharp knife.
- Wrap each piece with one slice of prosciutto.
- Place arugula in the centre of each plate.
- Add 3 quarters of melon around the arugula.
- Sprinkle with a bit of olive oil.
- Garnish with a lemon wedge, and sprinkle with some freshly ground pepper.
- Serve chilled.
If you like the look of the cantaloupe better with the peel, remove the fruit carefully and wrap it with a slice of prosciutto before placing it back on its peel. The best of both worlds!