Mini casseroles of potatoes with bacon and Migneron
- 8 small yellow potatoes, egg size
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) garlic, finely chopped
- 250 ml (1 cup) 35% cooking cream
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- 8 slices of Migneron cheese, same size as the mini casseroles and about 5 mm (1/4 in.) thick
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) bacon, diced and browned
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F).
- Peel and slice the potatoes 5 mm (1/4 in.) thick. (Do not soak in water as they must retain their starch.)
- In a saucepan, mix together the garlic, cream and potato slices.
- Season with salt and pepper and add the nutmeg.
- Simmer over medium-high heat for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat.
- Divide half the potatoes among the mini casseroles.
- Place a slice of cheese in each and add the bacon.
- Add the remaining potatoes and top with a slice of cheese.
- Cook in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes, until the cheese has browned and the potatoes are tender.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes.