Mini croque-monsieur with apple and goat cheese
- 12 mini pitas
- 8 to 12 slices of Black Forest ham
- 2 grated apples
- 125 g (4.5 oz) package of Paillot de chèvre goat cheese, cut into 12 slices
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Place the pitas on a baking sheet.
- Garnish each pita with ham and a bit of grated apple.
- Cover with a slice of goat cheese.
- Bake 2 to 3 minutes, until the cheese just begins to run.
- Serve immediately.
These mini croque-monsieur can be made a few hours in advance. Simply sprinkle the grated apple with a little lemon juice before putting it on the ham slices. All that will be left to do will be to bake them just before serving.