Bite-size crab cakes
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) Graham cracker crumbs
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) bread crumbs
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) butter, melted
- 200 g (7 oz) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 112 g (1/4 lb) grated Parmesan, or aged cheddar cheese (about 375 ml [1 1/2 cups])
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) Dijon mustard
- 1 egg
- 225 g (1/2 lb) crab meat
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) chopped chives
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) grated fresh ginger
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and butter mini muffin pans.
- In a bowl, combine the Graham cracker crumbs, bread crumbs and melted butter.
- Place a spoonful of the crumb mixture in each muffin cup and press to make a crust.
- In another bowl, beat together the cheeses, mustard and egg.
- Gently add the crab meat, chives and ginger.
- Divide the crab-cheese mixture among the muffin cups.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, then the muffin pans, and serve immediately.