Mini lasagna cups
18 mini lasagna
- 454 g (1 lb) ground beef
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) butter
- 250 ml (1 cup) chicken broth
- 750 ml (3 cups [or 1 can of 796 ml]) crushed tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 12 sheets of fresh lasagna, cut into thirds
- 375 ml (1 1/2 cups) grated L'Hercule de Charlevoix cheese (or other firm cheese)
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C (400 °F).
- In a large skillet, heat the butter over medium heat and brown the onion and beef for about 5 minutes.
- Add the broth, tomatoes and bay leaf. Bring to a boil and simmer over medium heat for 30 minutes.
- During this time, oil 18 muffin cups.
- Place the lasagna in a colander and pour boiling water over the pasta to soften them. Rinse with cold water and drain well.
- In the bottom of each pan, layer two pieces of lasagna sheets. Pour 60 ml (1/4 cup) of the meat sauce into each pan.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bake in the center of the oven for 10 minutes.