Mussels à la provençale
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 3 to 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 to 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can, 796 ml (28 oz), of diced tomatoes
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) tomato paste
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 2 kg (5 lb) mussels
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) fresh basil, chopped
- In a large cooking pot, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Sweat the onions and garlic.
- Add the tomatoes and tomato paste.
- Stir. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, rinse the mussels and drain.
- Add the mussels to the reduced sauce.
- Cover and cook over medium heat until all the mussels have opened.
- Stir mussels midway through cooking.
- Add the basil.
- Place the mussels in soup plates and top with sauce