Devilled eggs with smoked salmon
- 6 eggs
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) mayonnaise
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) chives, chopped
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) dill, chopped
- 113 g (1/4 lb) smoked salmon
- Salt and pepper
- Place eggs in small pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil.
- Once water is boiling, cover pot and remove from heat. Set aside 10 minutes.
- Remove eggs from hot water and shock them under cold running water.
- Peel the eggs. Halve them and remove yokes.
- In a bowl, mash the yokes and mayonnaise with a fork (for a creamier texture, use a food processor). Season with salt and pepper.
- Gently fold in the fresh herbs
- Using two small spoons or a pastry bag, stuff the whites with the yolk mixture and garnish with smoked salmon and a sprinkling of dill.
You can also top the smoked salmon with a dollop of sour cream or crème fraîche.
For a perfect hard boil, place the eggs in a pot, cover them with cold water, and cook over medium heat. Once the water boils, turn off the heat, cover and let sit for 15 minutes. Finally, cool the eggs under cold water before peeling them.