Eggs in ramekins
- 30 ml (2 tsp) butter
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 yellow-fleshed potato, peeled and diced
- 180 ml (3/4 cup) chicken, or vegetable, broth
- 24 leaves baby spinach
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) goat cheese, or about 112 g (4 oz) feta, crumbled
- 6 eggs
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- In a small skillet over medium heat, melt the butter and sauté the pepper, leek, zucchini and potato for 12 to 15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender and lightly browned.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place 6 ramekins on a baking sheet and divide the vegetable mixture, broth, spinach leaves and cheese among them.
- Crack one egg over each vegetable-filled ramekin.
- Bake in the centre of the oven, about 15 minutes or until egg whites are set and yolks start to thicken.
- Serve with toasted baguette slices.