- 4 round rolls, mini loaf style
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 20 ml (4 tsp) red wine vinegar
- 2 ripe tomatoes, sliced
- 16 large leaves of fresh basil
- 480 g (16 oz), light tuna, drained and flaked
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 or 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1 cm (3/8 in.) dice
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 16 black olives, cut in half
- 8 anchovy fillets
- Cut the rolls in half, widthwise.
- Partially remove the inside of each roll, leaving a layer of 1.5 cm (5/8 in.).
- Brush the inside of the rolls with olive oil and vinegar.
- Place a few slices of tomato and 4 leaves of basil on the bottom half of each roll.
- Top with the tuna. Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with some green onion and bell pepper.
- Add the egg slices and olives.
- Finish with 2 anchovy fillets.
- Close the sandwiches and serve as is (quite rich, pan bagnat is a whole meal in itself).