Pannacotta with raspberry coulis
- 625 ml (2 1/2 cups) 35% cooking cream
- 90 ml (6 tbsp) icing sugar
- 5 ml (1 tsp) vanilla extract
- 2 envelopes of gelatine
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) milk
- 2 egg whites, beaten stiff
- 500 ml (2 cups) raspberries (or any other berry), fresh or frozen
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) sugar
- A few drops of lemon juice
- Fresh berries
- Heat the cream, sugar and vanilla extract without boiling.
- Sprinkle the gelatine onto the milk and let bloom.
- Add the gelatine to the hot cream mixture. Set aside to cool.
- Using a spatula, gently fold the egg whites into the cream mixture.
- Pour into ramekins or any other dish that you can invert onto a plate.
- Refrigerate for a few hours.
- Meanwhile, stir the raspberries, sugar and lemon juice together in a saucepan.
- Simmer over medium heat for a few minutes.
- Pass through a sieve.
- Let cool, then refrigerate.
Turn out the ramekins and top with the coulis or pour some coulis onto the serving plates and turn out the ramekins onto the coulis.
Garnish with berries and serve.