Trout "en papillote" with Gouda
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 salmon trout fillets, about 180 g (6 oz) each
- Sea salt
- 5 ml (1 tsp) pink peppercorns, cracked
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) chives, finely chopped
- 4 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) white wine
- 4 thin slices of Gouda cheese
- Preheat the barbecue to maximum heat or at least to 290°C (550°F).
- Cut 4 sheets of aluminum foil, each large enough to enclose a fillet.
- Sprinkle the centre of each sheet with minced garlic.
- Top each with a fillet placed in the centre.
- Season with salt and sprinkle with pink peppercorns and chives.
- Place one sprig of thyme in each papillote.
- Slightly bend up the edges of the aluminum sheets and add the wine.
- Top each fillet with one slice of Gouda.
- Seal the papillotes, making sure the aluminum foil does not touch the cheese.
- Cook covered for about 10 minutes.
- Serve with a couscous salad with vegetables.