4 to 6
- 1.5 L (6 cups) potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 garlic cloves, degermed
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) butter
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) 15% cooking cream
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) fresh parsley, chopped
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) fresh chives, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 500 g (1 lb) ground veal
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 2 confit duck legs, pulled
- 250 ml (1 cup) veal stock or beef broth
- In a saucepan of salted boiling water, cook the potatoes and the garlic for about 15 minutes or until the potatoes are soft. Drain.
- Mash the potatoes with butter and cream.
- Add the herbs. Season generously with pepper.
- Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F).
- In an oven-safe skillet, cook the veal with the leek and duck meat until the veal is fully cooked.
- Add the veal stock.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer slowly.
- Remove from the heat.
- Spread the mashed potatoes onto the meat mixture.
- Cook in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Serve with a green vegetable.