- 4 big yellow potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-3 cm (1 in.) cubes
- 75 ml (5 tbsp) olive oil
- 1 medium-sized onion, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 ml (1/2 tsp) crushed chili
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) white wine
- 250 ml (1 cup) crushed tomatoes (smooth)
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) chorizo, cut into 5 mm (1/4 in.) dice
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F).
- In a skillet, heat 45 ml (3 tbsp) of olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Brown the potatoes for 10 minutes until nicely browned on all sides.
- Place the potatoes on a cooking sheet and cook in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in another skillet, heat the rest of the oil over medium-high heat.
- Sauté the onion for 2 to 3 minutes, until translucent.
- Add the garlic and chili.
- Cook for another minute, stirring constantly.
- Moisten with white wine and reduce by 1/3.
- Add the tomato and chorizo.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and combine the potatoes with the hot sauce.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.
- Serve immediately.
If you prefer not to have to make two preparations at the same time, start by making the sauce which can be kept warm. Potatoes should be nicely crusty.