The store will not work correctly in the case when cookies are disabled.
Chorizo shepherd's pie
- 2 large sweet potatoes (800 g [1 3/4 lb]), peeled and cubed
- 4 Yukon Gold potatoes (454 g [1 lb]), peeled and cubed
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) 15% cream
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) butter
- 800 g (1 3/4 lb) tender chorizo, cut into chunks
- 2 leeks, thinly sliced
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 500 ml (2 cups) corn kernels
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) chicken broth
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Add the sweet potatoes and potatoes to a pot of salted water, bring to a boil and cook for about 20 minutes or until tender.
- Mash with the cream and butter.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- In a food processor, chop the chorizo and leeks until the consistency of ground beef.
- In a skillet, sauté the chorizo mixture in the oil for five minutes over high heat, stirring.
- Transfer to a 23-cm x 33-cm (9-in x 13-in) baking dish.
- Spread the corn over the meat, drizzle with chicken broth and cover with the mashed potatoes.
- Bake for about 30 minutes and then brown under the broiler.