Crab-stuffed potato skins
- 4 Russet or Idaho potatoes
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) bread crumbs
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) melted butter
- 400 g (14 oz) crabmeat, drained
- 250 g (9 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) chives, finely chopped
- Juice and zest of 1 orange
- 1 pinch saffron
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) liquid honey
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat the oven to 230°C (450°F).
- Prick the potatoes with a fork. Wrap each potato separately in aluminum foil and bake for one hour.
- Let the potatoes cool 15 minutes then halve, lengthwise. Remove and set aside part of the flesh, being sure to leave 0.75 cm (1/4 in) all around. Transfer the skins, cut-side down, to a baking sheet fitted with a grill rack. Roast in the centre of the oven for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs and the melted butter.
- In another bowl, gently combine the crabmeat with the remaining ingredients, ensuring some large pieces of crabmeat remain for texture.
- Remove the potato skins from the oven, fill with the crab mixture, and sprinkle with the bread crumbs. Return potato skins to the same baking sheet and bake another 10 minutes. Serve immediately.