The store will not work correctly in the case when cookies are disabled.
Roasted potato skins with sour cream dip
18 to 20 minutes
- 4 large Idaho potatoes
- 22 ml (1 1/2 tbsp) vegetable oil
- Sea salt
- 60 ml (4 tbsp) medium salsa
- 180 ml (3/4 cup) aged cheddar, grated
- 180 ml (3/4 cup) mild yellow cheddar, grated
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) chorizo, finely diced
- 60 ml (4 tbsp) green onion, sliced
- 250 ml (1 cup) sour cream
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) chives, finely chopped
- 5 ml (1 tsp) Cajun spices
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pierce the potatoes several times with a fork.
- Cook in the microwave at maximum power for 8 to 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat the oven to broil, leaving the door partially open.
- Place the grill in the broil position.
- Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise.
- With a spoon, remove the flesh leaving a layer of about 1 cm (3/8 in.) inside each potato skin.
- Brush the potato skins with oil inside and out.
- Season with salt and place 8 ml (1/2 tbsp) of salsa at the bottom of each skin.
- Place on a baking sheet.
- Broil for about 5 minutes or until the edges of the skins are browned.
- Remove from the oven.
- In a bowl, mix together the two cheeses.
- Divide the chorizo between the potato skins.
- Add the green onion.
- Garnish generously with the cheese mix.
- Place under the broiler for about 5 minutes or until the cheese starts to brown.
- In another bowl, combine the sour cream with the chives and°Cajun spices.
- Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Adjust the seasoning if needed.
- Remove the potato skins from the oven.
- Set aside to cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Serve with the sour cream dip.