Penne with prosciutto, Parmesan and asparagus
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 500 ml (2 cups) asparagus, cut into 2 to 3 cm (1 in.) lengths
- 180 ml (3/4 cup) green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 250 ml (1 cup) white wine
- 250 ml (1 cup) chicken broth
- 1 package of 454 g (1 lb), of penne, cooked al dente
- 250 ml (1 cup) prosciutto, julienned
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) pine nuts, toasted
- 250 ml (1 cup) Parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook the penne following the directions on the package.
- Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the asparagus and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the green onion and the garlic.
- Cook for another minute, stirring continuously.
- Moisten with white wine and reduce to half.
- Add the broth and the pasta.
- Cook for about 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from the heat.
- Add the prosciutto, pine nuts and Parmesan.
- Stir well.
- Serve hot.