Fig, goat cheese, and caramelized onion pizza
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) vegetable oil
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) butter
- 4 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) tomato paste
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) olive oil
- 5 ml (1 tsp) herbes de Provence
- 5 ml (1 tsp) dried basil
- 2 pizza dough balls
- 2 ml (1/2 tsp) fennel seeds, crushed
- 500 ml (2 cups) unripened goat cheese, crumbled
- 12 figs, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 230°C (450°F).
- In a skillet, heat the oil and butter over medium heat.
- Sauté the onion, stirring frequently, until caramelized.
- Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together the tomato paste, olive oil, herbes de Provence and basil.
- Stir and set aside.
- Flour the countertop.
- With a rolling pin or using your hands, make 2 pizzas.
- Brush the pizzas with tomato sauce.
- Sprinkle with fennel seeds.
- Cover with the onions.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Top with the slices of fig and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.