Turkey breast stuffed with cranberries, walnuts and Quebec cheese
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) dried cranberries
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) walnuts, toasted and crushed
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) green onion, thinly sliced
- 250 ml (1 cup) semi-soft cheese (not too strong), grated
- 1 turkey breast, about 650 g (1 1/4 lb), boneless, skinless, tenderloin removed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 5 ml (1 tsp) dried savory
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) melted butter
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F).
- In a bowl, combine the cranberries, walnuts, green onion and cheese.
- Stir well and set aside.
- Butterfly the turkey breast lengthwise.
- Place the breast between two sheets of plastic wrap.
- With a meat tenderizer or a rolling pin, flatten the meat well.
- Season with salt and pepper, and sprinkle with half of the savory.
- Place the stuffing in the centre of the breast, and roll tightly so all the stuffing stays in.
- Seal with butcher twine or toothpicks.
- Place the breast in an oven-safe dish.
- Brush with one-third of the melted butter.
- Season with salt and pepper, and the remaining savory.
- Place in the oven and cook for 35 to 40 minutes, basting twice during the cooking time.
- Remove from the oven and cover with a sheet of aluminum foil.
- Let rest for 15 minutes.
- Cut the turkey roll into slices and place on plates.
- Serve with roasted garlic mashed potatoes and honey-glazed carrots.