- 60 ml (1/4 cup) balsamic vinegar
- 4 chicken breasts, boned and skinless, about 200 g (7 oz)
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) pesto
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 nice basil leaves
- 4 slices of mozzarina di bufala (fresh mozzarella), about 2 cm (3/4 in.) thick
- 4 Italian tomato slices, about 2 cm (3/4 in.) thick
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
- Preheat the barbecue to maximum heat, 290°C (550°F).
- In a saucepan, heat the balsamic vinegar over medium-high heat.
- Reduce to half and set aside.
- Brush the chicken breasts with pesto.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill covered for about 5 minutes.
- Turn them over and top each breast successively with 2 basil leaves, 1 slice of cheese and 1 slice of tomato.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Close the lid and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and keep the chicken on the warm grill for 3 minutes.
- Place on serving plates and drizzle with a few drops of reduced balsamic vinegar.
- Serve with a green salad.