Chicken breast stuffed with spinach, feta and lemon
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) vegetable oil
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) butter
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) French shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 250 ml (1 cup) spinach, cooked, chopped and drained
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) feta cheese, crumbled
- Zest of 2 lemons, grated
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, tenderloin removed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the barbecue to maximum heat, or at least to 290°C (550°F).
- In a skillet, heat the oil and butter over medium heat.
- Soften the shallot for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the garlic and cook for another minute, stirring constantly.
- Sweat the spinach for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Add the feta and lemon zest to the spinach mixture.
- Stir well and set aside.
- With a knife, butterfly the chicken breasts lengthwise.
- Place the breasts between two sheets of plastic wrap.
- With a meat tenderizer or a rolling pin, flatten the meat well.
- Close and seal with butcher twine or toothpicks.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place on the barbecue, close the lid and cook for 6 to 7 minutes on each side.
- Turn off the heat and continue cooking, covered, for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve with a Caesar salad.