Stuffed peppers with feta cheese
- 4 large red, orange or yellow peppers
- 250 ml (1 cup) of rice, cooked in salted water, well drained
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) fresh basil, chopped
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) fresh oregano, chopped
- 200 g (7 oz) feta cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 egg
- Preheat the oven to 190 °C (375° F).
- In a large cooking pot, blanch the whole peppers in boiling salted water for about 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- With a sharp knife, remove the top of the peppers. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together the rice, green onions, garlic, herbs, cheese, salt and pepper, and egg. Stir well.
- Stuff the peppers. Place the caps back on.
- Place the peppers in a lightly oiled oven-safe dish.
- Cook the peppers in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Serve with tomato sauce or a green salad.
To vary the presentation, you may cut the peppers in half before serving.