Barbecue beer can chicken
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) barbecue sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 ml (1/2 tsp) ground cumin
- 2 ml (1/2 tsp) ground coriander
- 1 ml (1/4 tsp) smoked mild or hot paprika
- 2 ml (1/2 tsp) dried mustard
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1 can of beer, cleaned on the outside
- 1 whole chicken
- In a bowl, mix the barbecue sauce with the garlic and spices. Season.
- Open the can of beer and empty out a quarter.
- Preheat the barbecue to medium heat.
- Slide the beer can into the cavity of the chicken with the legs pointing down.
- Brush the chicken with sauce on all sides.
- Place the chicken and the can upright on the grill.
- Turn off the burner directly under the chicken to cook it with indirect heat.
- Baste the chicken with the rest of the sauce while it is cooking.
- Cook the chicken until the meat is firm and the juices run clear, about an hour.
- Serve with vegetables en papillote.