Jamaican marinated chicken (Jerk)
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) chili sauce
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) ketchup
- 2 limes, grated zest and juice
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 5 ml (1 tsp) allspice
- 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) cinnamon
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) brown sugar
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) oil
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) dark rum
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large chicken cut into 8 pieces or 4 large chicken breasts cut in half or 4 large chicken legs cut in half
- In a large bowl, mix together all the ingredients except the chicken. Combine well.
- Add the pieces of chicken and coat well.
- Cover and refrigerate for 6 to 8 hours.
- Heat the barbecue grills, one to medium heat and the other to high heat.
- Remove the meat from the marinade and drain it slightly. Place on the first grill.
- Brown all sides, brushing with some marinade from time to time.
- Move the chicken pieces to the second grill.
- Cook for 25 minutes or until the meat is well done.
- Serve with tomato and mango salsa, a green salad and steamed rice.