- 250 ml (1 cup) plain yogurt
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 5 ml (1 tsp) ginger, grated
- 5 ml (1 tsp) curry powder
- 7 ml (1 1/2 tsp) paprika
- 5 ml (1 tsp) cumin
- 5 ml (1 tsp) ground coriander
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 chicken cut into 8 pieces or 8 thighs or 4 breasts cut in half
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) oil
- In a large bowl, mix together all the ingredients except the chicken and oil
- Add the chicken, mix and marinate in the refrigerator for 4 hours or more.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Heat the oil in a skillet.
- Gently pat the chicken pieces dry and brown on all sides.
- Transfer the chicken to a baking sheet.
- Place in the oven and cook for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Serve the chicken with basmati rice and a chickpea salad.