Chicken and avocado quesadillas
- 450 g (1 lb) boneless and skinless chicken breast
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 5 ml (1 tsp) Cajun spices
- 250 ml (1 cup) 35% cream
- 1 large ripe tomato, seeded and cut into 1 cm (1/3 in.) dice
- 60 g (2 oz) grilled red bell pepper, cut into 1 cm (1/3 in.) dice
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 chopped jalapeno pepper or Tabasco sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 625 ml (2 1/2 cups) Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and cut into 2 cm (3/4 in.) dice
- 15 ml ou (1 tbsp) vegetable oil
- 8 medium-size tortillas
- Preheat the barbecue to maximum intensity.
- Season the chicken breasts with the salt, pepper and Cajun spices.
- Cook, uncovered, from 6 to 7 minutes on each side. Set aside.
- Mix together the sauce ingredients in a bowl. Taste and adjust seasoning. Set aside.
- Cut the chicken into strips.
- Put the chicken, cheese and avocado in a bowl. Mix gently.
- Rub a non-stick frying pan with a paper towel dipped in oil.
- Heat the pan over medium heat.
- Place a tortilla in the pan.
- Spread it with the chicken mixture.
- Cover with another tortilla.
- Cook for about 4 minutes on each side.
- Keep warm while cooking the other quesadillas.
- Cut the quesadillas into wedges and serve with the sauce.