Quebec trout rillettes
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) olive oil
- 454 g (1 lb.) Quebec rainbow trout, skin removed
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) chives, finely chopped
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) capers
- 10 ml (2 tsp.) Dijon mustard
- The zest from one lemon
- Salt and pepper
Serve on (your choice):
blini, crackers, cucumber slices, endives
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the trout fillets on the baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook in the oven 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Flake with a fork.
- Mix with the remaining ingredients.
- Serve on blini, crackers, cucumber slices, or endives.
- Serve with lemon wedges.