Fried egg rolls with pork
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) sesame oil
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) vegetable oil
- 500 g (1 lb) lean ground pork
- 180 ml (3/4 cup) mushrooms, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 500 ml (2 cups) green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 500 ml (2 cups) bean sprouts
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 celery stalks, thinly diced
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) soy sauce
- 500 g (1 lb) egg roll wrappers
- 1 egg white
- Fryer with cooking oil
- Plum sauce
- In a frying pan, heat 15 ml (1 tbsp) sesame oil and 15 ml (1 tbsp) vegetable oil.
- Brown the pork, mushrooms and garlic.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cabbage, bean sprouts, onions and celery.
- Add the rest of the sesame oil and the soy sauce. Stir well.
- Add the cooled meat. Stir.
- Beat 1 egg white with a bit of water.
- Spread the wrappers on a countertop.
- Garnish in the centre with about 30 ml (2 tbsp) of the vegetable mix.
- Lightly brush the edges of the wrappers with the egg white.
- Press the edges together to seal the wrappers.
- Deep fry in oil at 180°C (350°F) for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Serve the egg rolls with plum sauce.