shredded-beef salad with creamy dressing
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) 35% cream
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) buttermilk
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) whole-grain mustard
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) maple syrup
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) onion, chopped
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 savoy cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 x 140 g (5 oz) container of baby spinach
- 500 ml (2 cups) homemade or store-bought shredded beef
- Pinch of sugar
- Pinch of salt
- In a 2-cup measuring cup, using a hand blender whisk together all the ingredients for 2 minutes or until thick and with a silky texture (similar to mayonnaise).
- Salad: In a salad bowl and using your hands, mix the cabbages and carrots with the sugar and salt for about one minute. (This softens the cabbage.) Add the spinach and toss.
- Divide the salad among plates, top with the shredded beef and drizzle with dressing just before serving.