- 500 ml (2 cups) cooked chicken, diced (or small Northern shrimp or crab meat)
- 2 mandarin oranges, peeled and separated into sections
- 180 ml (3/4 cup) seedless green grapes, halved
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) dried cranberries
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) sliced almonds, toasted
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cucumber, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- A few salad leaves of your choice
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) orange juice
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 2 green onions, minced
- 250 ml (1 cup) plain yogurt or mayonnaise
- 1 kiwi, finely diced
- In a bowl, place all the ingredients except the diced kiwi. Stir.
- Add the kiwi. Stir and set aside.
- In a salad bowl, place all the ingredients except the lettuce. Toss gently.
- Top with the vinaigrette.
- Toss again and set aside for a few minutes.
- Serve salad over a few lettuce leaves.
For a lighter salad, do not include the chicken, shrimp or crab.