Californian salad with salmon
- 500 ml (2 cups) green beans
- 3 oranges
- 180 ml (3/4 cup) pineapple, diced
- 1 large red pepper, thinly sliced
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) fresh coriander, coarsely chopped
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1 L (4 cups) shredded lettuce or spring mix
- 500 ml (2 cups) corn chips
- 500 g (1 lb) salmon fillet, cooked
- In a saucepan, blanch the green beans for 3 to 4 minutes in salted boiling water.
- Drain. Cool in cold water.
- In the meantime, peel the oranges with a knife.
- Cut the oranges into half-round slices.
- In a large bowl, mix the green beans, oranges and their juice, pineapple, red pepper, onion, avocado and coriander.
- Add olive oil. Season.
- Toss to coat everything well.
- Divide the lettuce and corn chips onto 4 plates.
- Cover with the fruit and vegetable salad and top with the salmon fillet.