- 4 large red tomatoes, ripe and firm
- 8 to 10 balls of bocconcini cheese (depending on size) or mozzarella di bufala cheese
- 1 green onion, minced
- 12 basil leaves, finely chopped
- 60 ml (4 tbsp) olive oil
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) balsamic vinegar
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Slice the tomatoes and cheese.
- Garnish the centre of each plate with basil.
- On each of 4 plates, in a ring, layer alternating slices of tomato and cheese.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the tomato and cheese and garnish with minced green onions.