Californian Cobb salad
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) mayonnaise
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) sour cream
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) milk (or more, according to desired consistency)
- 2 ml (1/2 tsp) garlic powder
- 2 ml (1/2 tsp) onion powder
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) Danish blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 L (4 cups) romaine lettuce, torn into small pieces
- 1 L (4 cups) iceberg lettuce, torn into small pieces
- 2 chicken breasts, skinless, boneless, cooked (roasted or grilled) and cut into strips
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 500 ml (2 cups) grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 avocados, ripe, cut into large dice
- 6 slices of bacon, cooked and cut into 2 cm (3/4 in.) squares
- In a bowl, mix together all the vinaigrette ingredients but the cheese.
- Stir well.
- Add the blue cheese and stir gently.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed.
- Set aside.
- In a large salad bowl, mix together the two kinds of lettuce.
- Make a green bed on each serving plate.
- On each plate, place the chicken strips, slices of hard-boiled eggs, grape tomatoes and avocado in rows.
- Top with vinaigrette and sprinkle with bacon bits.
- Serve immediately.