Endive salad with blue cheese
- 6 white endives, or a mix of red and white endives
- 2 ripe pears, peeled, cut in quarters and sliced thinly
- 1 large red apple, cut in quarters and sliced thinly
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) blue cheese
- Juice of 1 large lemon, about 60 ml (1/4 cup)
- 5 ml (1 tsp) Dijon mustard
- 5 ml (1 tsp) honey
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) olive oil
- 15 ml (1 tsp) walnut oil (optional, but will add more refined flavour)
- Thinly slice the endives and place them in a salad bowl.
- Add the sliced fruit, green onions, walnuts and cheese. Stir gently. Set aside.
- In another bowl, prepare the vinaigrette mixing together the lemon juice, mustard and honey.
- Season with salt and pepper. Stir well.
- With a whisk, whip the mixture to emulsify it as you gradually add the olive oil.
- Set aside.
- When ready to serve, top the salad with the vinaigrette and toss gently.