Spinach, strawberry, pecan and goat cheese salad with maple vinaigrette
- 250 ml (1 cup) pecans
- 25 ml (5 tsp) maple syrup
- 1 pinch Espelette pepper
- Sea salt or fleur de sel
- 2.5 L (10 cups) baby spinach
- 250 ml (1 cup) strawberries, sliced
- 160 ml (2/3 cup) goat cheese, crumbled
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) French shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 ml (1/2 tsp) garlic, finely chopped
- 10 ml (2 tsp) Dijon mustard
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) maple syrup
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) sherry vinegar
- 90 ml (6 tbsp) grape seed oil
- 5 ml (1 tsp) fresh tarragon, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F)
- In a bowl, mix together the pecans, maple syrup and Espelette pepper.
- Stir well to coat the nuts with the syrup.
- Place the mixture on a cooking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Cook in the oven for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring halfway through the cooking.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with salt.
- Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix together the vinaigrette ingredients.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed.
- In a large salad bowl, mix together the spinach, strawberries and toasted pecans.
- Top with the vinaigrette and toss.
- Place the salad on serving plates, sprinkle with goat cheese and serve.