Fresh fig, mozzarella, prosciutto and basil salad
- 1 L (4 cups) arugula
- 8 slices of prosciutto, cut into 4
- 8 figs, cut into wedges
- 2 x 100 g (3 1/2 oz) balls of fresh mozzarella, cut into chunks
- 1 bunch of basil
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) pine nuts, toasted
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) sherry vinegar
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) maple syrup
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) balsamic vinegar
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) grape seed oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a bowl, mix together all the vinaigrette ingredients.
- With a whisk or fork, whisk until lightly emulsified.
- Set aside.
- Place some arugula on each serving plate.
- Garnish with an attractive arrangement of prosciutto, figs and mozzarella.
- Add a few basil leaves and sprinkle with pine nuts.
- Serve and let your guests help themselves to the vinaigrette.