Bruschetta-style macaroni salad
- 500 ml (2 cups) tomatoes of different colours, finely diced
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) green or black olives, sliced
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) fresh parsley, chopped
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) fresh basil, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) balsamic vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 package of 450 g (1 lb) of cut macaroni, cooked in boiling salted water, cooled
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) mozzarella cheese, finely diced
- In a large bowl, mix together all the ingredients except the pasta, the cheese and half of the parsley. Stir well.
- Add the pasta. Stir.
- Place on plates and garnish with fresh parsley and diced cheese.
To cool the pasta and prevent it from sticking together, spread it on a lightly oiled baking sheet and shake a little. Wait until it has cooled before placing it in a sealed container in the refrigerator.