- 500 ml (2 cups) couscous
- 450 ml (1 3/4 cup) hot vegetable or chicken broth
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 small red pepper, finely diced
- 2 celery stalks, finely diced
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cucumber, finely diced
- 1 avocado, ripe and firm, mashed
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) fresh coriander, finely chopped
- In a large bowl, pour the broth onto the couscous.
- Cover and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Remove the lid and stir a little to release the heat. Let cool.
- Add half the lemon juice, oil, salt and pepper. Stir.
- Add the red pepper, celery, green onions, garlic and cucumber. Stir.
- In another bowl, mix together the mashed avocado, coriander and the rest of the lemon juice. Stir.
- Add this mixture to the couscous mixture. Stir well. Refrigerate.
- Serve as a side dish with fish or grilled chicken.
To extract the juice from the lemons more easily, first leave them out at room temperature for a few hours.