- 3 red apples, firm, not peeled, thinly sliced
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) sun-dried Sultanas, currants, golden raisins or fresh grapes (green or red), seeded and sliced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) celery, diced
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) walnuts, dry roasted
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) mayonnaise or sour cream or plain yogurt
- A few leaves of lettuce
- In a large bowl, mix together the apples, raisins, green onions, celery and walnuts.
- Thicken with the mayonnaise.
- Add the lemon juice and yogurt. Stir.
- Set aside and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Place on a bed of lettuce.
Prick each salad serving with a nice branch of your favourite herb (parsley, tarragon, mint, dill, coriander...) or add a whirl of lemon zest, which will enhance both the presentation and the taste of your dish.