Smoked salmon sandwiches with herb and lemon cream cheese
- 250 ml (1 cup) cream cheese, softened
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) fresh chives, finely chopped
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) fresh dill, coarsely chopped
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 8 slices of pumpernickel bread
- 1/2 English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 330 g (2/3 lb) smoked salmon, sliced
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) red onion, thinly sliced
- 500 ml (2 cups) baby arugula
- In a bowl, mix together the cream cheese, fresh herbs and lemon zest.
- Stir well.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture on one side of each slice of bread.
- Place the cucumber slices on the lower slice of each sandwich.
- Add the salmon and onion.
- Complete with baby arugula and close the sandwiches.
- Serve with a salad or raw vegetables.