- 1 lobster of 750 g (1 1/2 lb) or 200 g (7 oz) of canned lobster flesh
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) celery, finely chopped
- 45 ml (2 1/2 tbsp) chives, finely chopped
- 45 g (1 1/2 oz) romaine lettuce hearts, thinly sliced
- 1 tomato, drained and seeded, diced
- 1/2 ripe avocado, coarsely diced
- 60 ml (4 tbsp) mayonnaise
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- A few drops of Tabasco
- 4 hot dog buns
- 40 g (1 1/2 oz) butter, softened
- Cook the lobster in highly salted boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes depending on lobster weight.
- Set aside to cool in the refrigerator.
- Once the lobster has cooled, cut open the lobster shell, extract the flesh and cut it into large pieces.
- In a salad bowl, place all the ingredients except the buns and butter.
- Stir gently with a wooden spoon.
- Butter the outside of each bun.
- In a skillet, brown the buns on both sides over high heat.
- Stuff the buns with the lobster mixture.
- Serve with french fries or chips and a green salad.