Deluxe grilled-pork sandwiches
- 454 g (1 lb) pork tenderloin
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) soy sauce
- 5 ml (1 tsp) curry powder
- 250 ml (1 cup) walnuts, roasted *
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) butter, softened
- Zest of half an orange
- 8 slices whole-wheat bread
- 4 to 8 slices firm Quebec cheese
- 250 ml (1 cup) arugula
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a bowl, combine the soy sauce and curry powder. Pour over the tenderloin and coat well.
- Cover and refrigerate for one hour.
- Preheat the barbecue to medium-high.
- In a food processor, purée the nuts, butter, orange zest and a pinch of salt until almost creamy. Set aside.
- Lower the barbecue to medium.
- Season the meat with salt and pepper, and cook for 20 minutes being sure to grill all sides.
- Let stand 5 minutes before thinly slicing.
- On the barbecue, grill all the bread slices.
- Spread the walnut butter on one side of each slice.
- Arrange slices of pork on 4 slices of toast, garnish with the cheese and arugula, and top with a second slice of grilled bread.
* Roasted walnuts:
Preheat the oven to 150ºC (300ºF). Spread the walnuts on a baking sheet and bake for about 30 minutes. Stir midway through cooking time. Remove from the oven and keep at room temperature.