The store will not work correctly in the case when cookies are disabled.
Baked-sausage spaghetti sauce
- 4 Italian sausages (600 g [1 1/3 lb]), sliced 2.5 cm (1 in) thick
- 2 medium red onions, cut into petals
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 250 ml (1 cup) red wine
- 2 sprigs rosemary, in small bouquets
- 1 796-ml (28-oz) can tomatoes
- 5 ml (1 tsp) salt
- 5 ml (1 tsp) hot pepper flakes
- 454 g (1 lb) pasta, any kind
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) butter
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC (400ºF).
- Place the sausages, onions and olive oil in a 23-cm x 33-cm (9-in x 13-in) ovenproof dish. Roast for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, add the wine and rosemary, and continue cooking for 20 minutes.
- Coarsely break up the tomatoes with your fingers and add them to the sausages, along with the salt and hot-pepper flakes. Return to the oven for 20 minutes.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Remove the sausages from the oven. Add the butter to the drained pasta and toss. Transfer pasta to the serving bowl and mix with sausage. Serve immediately.