Grape and red wine Italian sausage
- 8 mild Italian sausages
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) vegetable oil
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) butter
- 250 ml (1 cup) red wine
- 375 ml (1 1/2 cups) seedless red grapes
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) fresh parsley, chopped
- In a saucepan, cover the sausages with cold water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Boil for 1 minute.
- Remove the sausages and let cool.
- Cut the sausages into 2 or 3 pieces, depending on their size.
- Set aside.
- In a skillet, heat the oil and butter over medium-high heat.
- Brown the sausages on all sides for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove the excess fat.
- Add the wine and grapes.
- Cook until the grapes start popping.
- Remove from the heat.
- Add the chopped parsley.
- Serve with pasta and a green vegetable.