Poached salmon with herb sauce
- 4 skinless salmon steaks
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) butter
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) white wine
- 300 ml (1 1/4 cups) 35% cooking cream
- 250 ml (1 cup) vegetable stock
- 5 ml (1 tsp) fresh tarragon, chopped
- 5 ml (1 tsp) fresh parsley, chopped
- 5 ml (1 tsp) fresh dill, chopped
- 5 ml (1 tsp) fresh coriander, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a cooking pot, melt the butter over low heat.
- Add the green onions.
- Simmer for a few minutes, stirring from time to time.
- Add the white wine. Reduce to half.
- Add the cream. Stir and cook gently for 5 minutes. The mixture should be well combined.
- Meanwhile, poach the salmon in a vegetable stock.
- Add the herbs. Stir. Season with salt and pepper.
- When serving, top the salmon fillets with sauce.
After the fish fillets have been poached in the broth, it becomes fish stock. It may be kept in the freezer and used as a base for fish soups or for sauces served with fish and seafood (Bonne Femme sauce, Dugléré sauce, etc.).