- 375 g (3/4 lb) wide pasta
- 45 ml (3 tsp) olive oil
- 10 ml (2 tsp) butter
- 750 g (1 1/2 lb) beef strips (sirloin or filet mignon), about 4 to 5 cm (1 1/2 to 2 in.) long, thinly sliced
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 package of 227 g (1/2 lb) of fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 can of 540 ml (19 oz) of cream of mushroom soup
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) white wine
- 15 ml (1 tsp) Dijon mustard
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) 35% cooking cream
- In a large cooking pot, cook the pasta in boiling salted water for about 7 minutes. Drain.
- Meanwhile in a large skillet, heat the oil and butter until nicely browned.
- Add the beef strips and sear quickly.
- Set aside on a plate. Remove fat from the skillet.
- In the same skillet, cook the green onions and mushrooms over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the mushroom soup, white wine and Dijon mustard.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Reduce over low heat for a few minutes.
- Place the meat back in the skillet and stir.
- Add the cooking cream and stir again.
- Serve on a bed of pasta or rice with a steamed vegetable.